Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Vikings Fan Ministrations

Hello all,

As my Minnesota Vikings struggle to finish the 2011 Football season, I feel compelled to write down my feelings of my football team. With everything that has gone on this season; the firing of the head coach after the Green Bay loss; the waiver release of a former player whose attitude really hadn't changed; the scrutiny given an aged quarterback, arguably one of the best ever to play the game; the general frustration felt by my friends with all of their comments and posts; the back and forth talk between the Viking and Packer Fans; the collapse of the roof of our football stadium due to one of the largest snowstorms in recent years; the state Senate refusing to make up their mind to decide how to pay for a new stadium; and the talk of moving our team to Los Angeles.

Through all of this I remained a Minnesota Vikings fan, not a fair weather fan as I've been told I was. I've had an opinion on the team as long as I can remember, but I choose not to profess it nearly as often as others do. We have had worse records and worse years. Certainly there is drama in everything that goes on everywhere, it's just our turn as Vikings fans to go through it this year.

It's been an honor being a Vikings fan for all these years, and even a third generation fan. I'm also proud to wear my Jim Kleinsasser jersey every chance I get.

I have no doubt that we'll get to another few Super Bowls in my lifetime, and whats better, will win a few too.

No comments:

Post a Comment