For Laura
In recognition of your birthday, I wanted to write you a
note saying what it means to me that you are my sister. Growing up, I had
wished to we were closer, and that we were nicer to each other. You’re one of
the smartest people I know, and because of that I always found myself striving
to make myself better then I was, because I felt that that could make me better
than you, but as I look back on it now, what that was doing for me was making
me better than myself. School never came easy for me, and you made me try
harder because I wanted to be as good at school as you were. My proudest moment
as your brother growing up was when we went something like 15 rounds in that
spelling bee when it was just the two of us; not only because it was just us,
but that you had to beat me to win.
Laura, your life is turning out the way that you desired for
yourself all those years ago. You have a great marriage, wonderful husband, and
the best kids that I’m proud to call my niece and nephew. I know your day to
day life can be difficult at times, and that it seems as though you have too
much going on, but if anyone can do it all, you can. Dad passed that gene on to
both of us. In closing dear sister, I love you more than you’ll ever know.
Love,
Kyle
No comments:
Post a Comment