Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall's impending transition into Winter (my favorite season!)

Hello everyone,

As you may be able to tell, Fall is here. While I do enjoy this season, what with the changing colors on the trees, the slight nip in the air as you begin your day, and the people out enjoying the weather before the winter. It hasn't been a typical fall here in Mankato, as far as I'm concerned. We've had some weird weather these last few weeks; had about 7-8 inches of rain last week, which interrupted our lives, but thankfully no one lost their lives. We've also been fortunate to have had sunny and warm days. These will soon pass to colder and snowy days, and ultimately my favorite season. Ah, winter.

Have many fond memories growing up of winter and all it's glory. Shoveling snow, playing in that snow, making designs on the frost on the glass, walking home with the Friedrichs' kids, having to break the snow for the rest of the group while on our way home. Traveling to the Grandma and Grandpa's houses, and sledding down the hill behind Messiah school. Great times we had with the cousins.

Also remember fun times ice fishing while I was younger, I went with a good friend of mine. I hardly ever caught anything but that wasn't the point really. Ice fishing in my youth also led to my first of a few near death experiences. I am glad that I can now do this more often, with my father and brother in law.

For a little over a month now, I have been growing a beard in preparation for winter. I haven't been able to do this for several years now, as the jobs I've had in the past haven't allowed this possibility. I started the beard in support of the Twins in the playoffs, and may even continue the beard throughout the Vikings season as well.

I do hope you enjoy my catching up with you, and look forward to writing to you all in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment