Friday, December 25, 2009

Home again

Hello All,
As I think about what to write today, I am lead to think about what went on in my life for the last year. The Lord has blessed me this year, as He does without me deserving any of it. I was blessed with good health, good friends and family, and a job that paid off my bills and gave me experience in my future. My family grew by two this year with the addition of my nephew Uriah, and my future brother in law Chad, who became engaged to Amanda in June.

I've gained new friends over the last year, both from working in Iraq and being around the military personnel we came in contact with every day. My network of acquaintances is growing. I got that from my father. He knows a lot of folks, and is very open to meeting and getting to know more and more people.

I certainly do appreciate what the military personnel do for us every day. I wanted to see for myself what we as a nation were doing to give some small part of thanks back to these men and women who continue to protect the freedoms we have every day, some of which are far away from their families so that you don't have to be far away from yours. I pray you don't take these freedoms for granted and realize at what cost these are afforded to you.

I am back to the States, and enjoying my time back. I am settling into Mankato again. I have an apartment, a truck, and money in the bank. I have a few applications out for jobs, and I pray that I do get a job soon.

May the Lord continue to bless you and yours the way that He sees fit. May you never forget what He did for you, and take for granted the things you have in this world, and be more concerned with the treasures waiting for you in Heaven.

Lord's blessings to you in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment