Hello Little One,
I wanted to let you know that I love you very much. You won't be able to realize this for a few years at least, but I wanted you to know this just the same. You haven't arrived yet, as of this post, but there is so much love that is being shown towards you and you don't even realize it. While I was home on my R &R from working in Iraq, I went to see your Mom and Dad and you, with your Grandma and Grandpa Hulke. It was so good to see your Mom and Dad. I couldn't wait to see them when I got home and was supposed to have seen them the first day I got back home, but things didnt work out that way.
I will most likely not be able to see you for the first few months of your life, which I'm coming to terms with. Your mom and dad will no doubt send me pictures and updates, but that isnt the same. Your aunts, uncles, and grandparents will get to see you and hold you before I do, and they'll love every minute of their time with you.
Now, I've come to realize that, you and I will have our own day of meeting each other. When we meet for the first time, everyone else in your life will have already met you. That is something that I can now look forward to instead of missing the first few months of your life while I am so far away from you and the rest of our family. Take care wee one. I love you more than you will ever know.
P.S. it seems weird to me to call you nephew before you're born, but your mom and dad have not revealed to the rest of us what name you will have for the rest of your life. I will meet you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment